Sunday, April 17, 2016

Off Topic Sunday: My Recent Trip to Seoul


Sorry for the unannounced hiatus guys! Last week, I took a trip to Seoul, South Korea!!! It was mostly for work but I managed to go around and see a few amazing sites. I honestly thought I would have the time to post too but after just completing night shifts, flying for 12 hours (plus stressful layovers), and then sight-seeing plus conference, I was completely flat by the end of the night.

Seoul was simply amazing and super easy to navigate! I had booked my hotel near my conference place so that worst case scenario, I could walk to the conference every day. But from the moment the plane touched down, there were labels and signs everywhere telling you where to go. The city is very well equipped for tourists! The subway system is out of this world (for a Melbournian like myself)! Plus I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for trains. 

The city is an amazing complex blend of the new and the old. Nestled right in the heart of the city is Gyeongbokgung aka the Northern Palace, which is the largest palace in Seoul. It was absolutely stunning. And although I was technically two or so weeks too early, but there were some cherry blossoms blooming already and they were so pretty!


I could gush about my trip for hours but I really only posted to let you guys know that's where I've been hiding. Then work kind of took over. But I will definitely make an effort to get back into the blogging pattern. Especially since I have just read an amazing book that I could to share with you guys soon.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment